Knicks 120 Kings 81
The New York Knicks had one of those games tonight in the positive column for the first time in many months. They routed the Kings 120-81 in a type of rout that I have not seen in many years. This was one of the biggest blowouts in team history and they are now 15 games over .500 and 30-15 to tie Miami for the number one seed in the Eastern Conference. If only the season could end today! They have now won 4 in a row and will take on the Detroit Pistons on Monday night.
Things That Looked Good:
- New York shot 54% and 44% from downtown in a complete rout of the Sacramento Kings.
- In 29 minutes, Tyson Chandler had his second 20-rebound game in as many nights. Since Woody challenged Tyson to play like an All-Star, he has been a beast on the boards.
- JR Smith had one of those nights where he was draining three’s all night. He was electric with 25 points and 6 rebounds, 7-14 from three. He definitely will sleep well tonight, unless he goes out to the hottest club in the city and invites all his twitter followers with him, don’t forget me JR.
- Steve Novak sighting! He was 5-7 from three in 17 minutes and really benefited from the ball movement tonight. Steve needs to contribute like this.
- Amar’e Stoudemire is back baby! He made all his shots tonight, 10-10 from the field, 21 points and 6 rebounds. His explosion and timing is complete at this point. Now it’s all about Stat staying healthy.
- In garbage time Kurt Thomas got some nice burn and shook off the rust.
- Pablo dished out 7 assists in 21 minutes with some quality time.
Thing That Need to Improve:
-Not much to talk about tonight.
- Melo had an off night, but the Knicks kicked butt and that’s all that matters.
- Once again, the Knicks started off slow and out of sorts, but completely changed things around after being down by double digits. The Knicks need to stop these slow starts and come out of the gate hot.
- The highlight of the night was Kurt “KT” Thomas hitting a three pointer in garbage time,this had the bench jumping out of their skins.
- The Knicks outrebound their opponent again 52-30 and dished out an unbelievable 34 assists.
- Ball movement is the key to any teams success. For the Knicks it is important for them to move the ball to get other players involved to take the pressure off Melo.
- Amar’e has solidified his position as the 2nd option.
- The Knicks outscored the Kings 31-11 in the 2nd quarter and 41-19 in the 3rd quarter.
Overall the Knicks got a much-needed blowout over a horrible team. They were supposed to beat Sac and they did. With the blowout, the Knicks got to rest the likes of Kidd, Melo and Tyson, resulting in fresh legs for Monday. With this win, the Knicks have to feel good about themselves going into this weeks set of games. Lets Get It!
Peter A – Knickswag